You have probably heard about asbestos, but do you know what the danger with this material is? Asbestos is linked to all kinds of respiratory problems, even something as serious as lung cancer. If you live in an older home, and you are uncertain about the building materials used when it was made, you would do well to be careful before you undertake any remodeling. Asbestos is harmless unless it is disturbed. The problem is when you have airborne particles that can be inhaled. To keep yourself and your family safe, it is best to err on the side of caution.

You also should avoid trying to remove the asbestos yourself. It is very dangerous to do so since you don’t have the training or the tools to take care of it safely. Even when you do your best to avoid breathing in the dust, you could track particles through your home when walking the material out, and this can later become airborne.